Residential Energy Efficiency Blog
Wednesday, May 06 2020
Key Purchasing Factors Should Be
Planning for Replacement Windows
Step 1 Figure out which windows in your home need to be replaced. Do you want to replace all of them or just certain ones?
Step 3 Examine various window types and decide what style would best fit your home. Be sure to find the right windows to suit your needs and that are right for our region.
Step 4 Do research and gather all the information you can. Familiarize yourself with the products and options available to you. This is a great opportunity to write down any questions you want answered.
Step 5 Get in contact with several local replacement window distributors and dealers. Ask questions and receive price quotes.
Step 6 Find out about the warranties and service support. Learn about the company itself and their qualifications. The credibility of the company is important.
Step 7 Based upon window type, price, service and your impressions, select where you would like to make the purchase.
Building Performance Institute
BGE Approved Energy Contractor
Pepco Approved Energy Contractor
Having your home evaluated by Hometrust is a great way to identify your next home improvement project.
Certifications earned through the Building Performance Institute demonstrate our ability to:
- Find air leakage points around your home.
- Show you steps to improve energy efficiency.
- Use science to guide improvements to comfort.
- Educate you how to tighten your building's shell.
- Learn about these opportunties before it is too late.
- Provide a unique perspective on your home's overall performance.
- Determine the root cause of any problems.
- Assess current insulation effectiveness.
- Measure air flow.
- Evaluate windows, doors, siding and roofing.
- Put you in complete control of the outcome.