Insulation - Cantilevers
This new construction townhome has a bump out (cantilever) on the front of the home. The floor joists run beyond the
Typical Upper Floor Cantilever
1. Carefully remove the existing soffit material without damaging any of the siding or trim.
A closer look at a rear upper floor cantilever that can be seen on Maryland houses.
Why are Cantilevers an Issue?
Missing Air Barrier
Building Performance Institute
BGE Approved Energy Contractor
Pepco Approved Energy Contractor
Having your home evaluated by Hometrust is a great way to identify your next home improvement project.
Certifications earned through the Building Performance Institute demonstrate our ability to:
- Find air leakage points around your home.
- Show you steps to improve energy efficiency.
- Use science to guide improvements to comfort.
- Educate you how to tighten your building's shell.
- Learn about these opportunties before it is too late.
- Provide a unique perspective on your home's overall performance.
- Determine the root cause of any problems.
- Assess current insulation effectiveness.
- Measure air flow.
- Evaluate windows, doors, siding and roofing.
- Put you in complete control of the outcome.