Frequently Asked Energy Audit Questions
Why does an energy audit cost $100?
An energy audit, if done properly, is a comprehensive investigation of your home. A lot of hard work is performed to complete a great energy audit. The service is actually valued at $400 and we have not had a single customer say they did not feel as though their money was well spent. BGE pays the other $300, which should demonstrate the importance of getting this done.
Why shouldn't I just add insulation to my attic and call it a day?
Adding insulation to your attic without properly assessing your attic is like heading out to a place you have never been without any directions on how to get there.
Building Performance Institute
BGE Approved Energy Contractor
Pepco Approved Energy Contractor
Having your home evaluated by Hometrust is a great way to identify your next home improvement project.
Certifications earned through the Building Performance Institute demonstrate our ability to:
- Find air leakage points around your home.
- Show you steps to improve energy efficiency.
- Use science to guide improvements to comfort.
- Educate you how to tighten your building's shell.
- Learn about these opportunties before it is too late.
- Provide a unique perspective on your home's overall performance.
- Determine the root cause of any problems.
- Assess current insulation effectiveness.
- Measure air flow.
- Evaluate windows, doors, siding and roofing.
- Put you in complete control of the outcome.