How to Beat the Germantown, Md Summer Heat
Comfort and even temperatures on all floors can happen on hot summer days!
Take a look at an attic this is healthy compared to one that is not
Healthy Germantown, MD Attic Vs. Unhealthy Germantown, MD Attic
Effective Insulation is Two Parts
Most insulation (with the exception of spray foam and rigid foam board) does not stop air flow. The most cost effective insulation solutions for a house in Germantown Maryland requires a separate air barrier or "skin" to stop the flow of air. For the air barrier itself to be effective, it must be contiguous and continuous across the entire building envelope, with all holes and cracks fully sealed, and it must be perfectly aligned with the insulation.
As a general rule, warm air moves towards cold air. Insulation slows the movement of the heat way down when the thickness is at R-49. Air sealing keeps humidity out of the home in the summer, particuarly in the basement areas. Air sealing also acts as another line of defense against heat from the attic.
Air Sealing & Insulation Go Hand in Hand for Comfortable Homes in Germantown, MD
Building Performance Institute
BGE Approved Energy Contractor
Pepco Approved Energy Contractor
Having your home evaluated by Hometrust is a great way to identify your next home improvement project.
Certifications earned through the Building Performance Institute demonstrate our ability to:
- Find air leakage points around your home.
- Show you steps to improve energy efficiency.
- Use science to guide improvements to comfort.
- Educate you how to tighten your building's shell.
- Learn about these opportunties before it is too late.
- Provide a unique perspective on your home's overall performance.
- Determine the root cause of any problems.
- Assess current insulation effectiveness.
- Measure air flow.
- Evaluate windows, doors, siding and roofing.
- Put you in complete control of the outcome.
Germantown, MD 20874, 20875, 20876, 20879
Beating the summer heat means
adding air sealing and insulation.