A walk around the perimeter of the home by a trained inspector is an important part of taking a whole house approach to remodeling. Uncovering issues that have gone unnoticed is an effective way to prioritize home remodeling projects. For example, if there is a leak in the roof then it would not be wise to install attic insulation. Damage to the insulation can occur if water is infiltrating into the attic.
Other areas of importance are drainage around the home, land grading, foundation type and condition, siding, windows, doors, HVAC and trim. Looking at ventilation areas on the outside of the home will also help to prioritize home improvement projects.
One Common Issue - H20 Drainage
Building Performance Institute
BGE Approved Energy Contractor
Pepco Approved Energy Contractor
Having your home evaluated by Hometrust is a great way to identify your next home improvement project.
Certifications earned through the Building Performance Institute demonstrate our ability to:
- Find air leakage points around your home.
- Show you steps to improve energy efficiency.
- Use science to guide improvements to comfort.
- Educate you how to tighten your building's shell.
- Learn about these opportunties before it is too late.
- Provide a unique perspective on your home's overall performance.
- Determine the root cause of any problems.
- Assess current insulation effectiveness.
- Measure air flow.
- Evaluate windows, doors, siding and roofing.
- Put you in complete control of the outcome.