An inspection of the inside the home can reveal many things. Thermal imaging can be used to detect thermal by-passes (leaky areas) of the home and can help guide homeowners to treating the right spots and putting time and effort into the right things.
Other areas that are investigated include the basement, utility room for HVAC equipment configuration, garage connection, windows and doors. Health and safety is a focus and as an example, natural gas lines can be inspected as well as basic plumbing and electrical for general condition feedback.
The basement rim joist is a silent energy drain for many homeowners in Maryland.
It is physics and the flow of air (draftiness) needs to be broken!
Building Performance Institute
BGE Approved Energy Contractor
Pepco Approved Energy Contractor
Having your home evaluated by Hometrust is a great way to identify your next home improvement project.
Certifications earned through the Building Performance Institute demonstrate our ability to:
- Find air leakage points around your home.
- Show you steps to improve energy efficiency.
- Use science to guide improvements to comfort.
- Educate you how to tighten your building's shell.
- Learn about these opportunties before it is too late.
- Provide a unique perspective on your home's overall performance.
- Determine the root cause of any problems.
- Assess current insulation effectiveness.
- Measure air flow.
- Evaluate windows, doors, siding and roofing.
- Put you in complete control of the outcome.