Principal & Founder
The core of Hometrust's mission is to create a priority list for you based on testing, investigation and building science principles. The goal is to solve problems - not make them worse.
Since 2006, I have met with over 2000 Maryland homeowners. I have conducted home energy audits and replacement window consultations. I can check a roof and provide accurate siding assessments and estimates. I have experience with exterior doors and gutters. I am familiar with interior/exterior insurance claims.
Over the years, I have made visits to residential building product manufacturing plants. I have seen windows, doors and siding manufactured and tested. I have spent many long hours in the field observing mechanics and technicians. I understand how each system must function.
I am certified with the Building Performance Institute. I hold the Building Analyst and Envelope Professional certifications.
What makes my company unique is that we can check uncontrolled air leakage into and out of a home. We can identify heating and cooling problems that lead to high bills. We know how to figure out how to improve uncomfortable living spaces.
If you need windows - we can tell you. If you need insulation - we can tell you . If you need a new roof - we can tell you. If you need air sealing - we can tell you.
We are well prepared to help guide your home improvement priority list.
Building Performance Institute
BGE Approved Energy Contractor
Pepco Approved Energy Contractor
Having your home evaluated by Hometrust is a great way to identify your next home improvement project.
Certifications earned through the Building Performance Institute demonstrate our ability to:
- Find air leakage points around your home.
- Show you steps to improve energy efficiency.
- Use science to guide improvements to comfort.
- Educate you how to tighten your building's shell.
- Learn about these opportunties before it is too late.
- Provide a unique perspective on your home's overall performance.
- Determine the root cause of any problems.
- Assess current insulation effectiveness.
- Measure air flow.
- Evaluate windows, doors, siding and roofing.
- Put you in complete control of the outcome.