Fusion Welded Vinyl Replacement Window Frames
Each vinyl replacement window is custom made to exact measurements for a perfect fit. A well assembled vinyl window frame is welded at all four points at the exact same time to maintain integrity and consistency. For windows that are side by side (twin unit), there are eight points of contact at the same time for a window that is indeed a true "twin". This ensures a high quality installation in the field when the existing windows are out of the opening and the new window needs to go in.
Directly after the point of impact between the vinyl window frame corners and the hot iron the frame corners are pushed together and as a result fused together at just over 500 degrees fahrenheit for ten to twelve seconds. After the frame is welded together, the excess vinyl left behind is carefully removed for a tight finish that shows well once installed in a home.
The sash frame lineals are heated to 509 degrees.
Building Performance Institute
BGE Approved Energy Contractor
Pepco Approved Energy Contractor
Having your home evaluated by Hometrust is a great way to identify your next home improvement project.
Certifications earned through the Building Performance Institute demonstrate our ability to:
- Find air leakage points around your home.
- Show you steps to improve energy efficiency.
- Use science to guide improvements to comfort.
- Educate you how to tighten your building's shell.
- Learn about these opportunties before it is too late.
- Provide a unique perspective on your home's overall performance.
- Determine the root cause of any problems.
- Assess current insulation effectiveness.
- Measure air flow.
- Evaluate windows, doors, siding and roofing.
- Put you in complete control of the outcome.