Vinyl Replacement Window Sash & Frame
All vinyl replacement window frames and sashes are assembled from pre-made vinyl lineals. Vinyl lineals are 20-30 foot profiles that have been extruded (like pasta through spaghetti maker) and are ready to be cut and made into custom sized window sashes and frames.
A big tell in determining how much a manufacturer has over the quality of their replacement window products is determined by where they get their vinyl lineals. In the case of manufacturers that make their own vinyl lineals (like Simonton Windows), the trust can be much higher in consistent products that will last a "lifetime".
When a custom window order is registered into the queu, the system gets locked in and ready to precisely make the order. Vinyl lineals are precision cut and welded together with heat fusion to make custom sized replacement windows and special shaped replacement windows.
Although much of the process is computerized, particularly the precision cutting methods and signals to the cutter, but there is an enormous amount of human interaction and skill in the fabrication process of a vinyl replacement window.
Titanium dioxide is the lifeblood of any high quality vinyl window.
Building Performance Institute
BGE Approved Energy Contractor
Pepco Approved Energy Contractor
Having your home evaluated by Hometrust is a great way to identify your next home improvement project.
Certifications earned through the Building Performance Institute demonstrate our ability to:
- Find air leakage points around your home.
- Show you steps to improve energy efficiency.
- Use science to guide improvements to comfort.
- Educate you how to tighten your building's shell.
- Learn about these opportunties before it is too late.
- Provide a unique perspective on your home's overall performance.
- Determine the root cause of any problems.
- Assess current insulation effectiveness.
- Measure air flow.
- Evaluate windows, doors, siding and roofing.
- Put you in complete control of the outcome.